Beautifully sweet and tart, Passion fruit – also known as granadilla – is packed full of flavour as well as many plant-derived essentials, great for your health. ODK passion fruit cocktail puree is only made of the real thing. Native to subtropical regions of South America it is believed the Passion Fruit originated in Paraguay. Although passion fruits can be grown almost anywhere today, we still source our passion fruits from South America, Peru to be exact!
Our passion fruit puree is so good in fact that it could be used for more than just cocktails, next time you have a creamy dessert – try a dash of ODK passion fruit puree on the side, or perhaps in a bowl of natural yoghurt for breakfast. Although we love it in a cocktail, did you know passion fruit contains all these health benefits?
- Passion fruit is a rich source of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and fibre.
- The fruit is an excellent source of dietary fibre. A good fibre in the diet helps remove cholesterol from the body.
- Passion fruit is good in vitamin C, providing about 30 mg per 100 g.
- The fruit carries very good levels of vitamin A (provides about 1274 IU per 100 g), and flavonoid antioxidants such as ß-carotene and cryptoxanthin-ß. Current research studies suggest that these compounds have antioxidant properties, and along with vitamin-A are essential for good eyesight.
- Furthermore, passion fruit is an excellent source of minerals. Iron, copper, magnesium and phosphorus are present in adequate amounts in the fruit.
ODK Porn Star Martini
Glass: Chilled Coupe
Garnish: Half passion fruit and shot prosecco
Method: wet shaker, dry shake, fine strain.
Enjoy Cocktails the best way, enjoy ODK.